Wälischmiller Engineering

High-tech with tradition

Company history

We are traditional: We stick to our promises. And have for over 70 years.

Wälischmiller Engineering has been a safe, reliable supplier for nuclear medicine, nuclear science and nuclear technology since 1950. Our developments always deliver more than they promise. This, combined with our innovation has also convinced the oil and gas industry about our products.

Find out about the history of our company and let us know what your challenges are. We have a solution ready for you.

2018

Completion of the extension and relocation of the newly-acquired company from Bermatingen to Markdorf

2016

First certification in compliance with ISO 14001; and subsequently consistently problem-free

2016

Expansion of the company with the acquisition of a supply firm in Bermatingen

2015

Innovation: TELBOT® ATEX Classic

2015

Delivery of the first A4000

2015

First ATEX certification for use in an explosive environment

2014

Completion of the new company building

2014

Delivery of the first Masterarm

2013

Development of the V1000 manipulator vehicle

2012

Delivery of the first A1000S robotic arm for A1000 power manipulator

2010

Delivery of the first A100S

2010

Sale of Hans Wälischmiller GmbH to Carr's Milling Industries (Plc). in Carlisle, United Kingdom. Under the new name

WÄLISCHMILLER ENGINEERING GMBH

at the Markdorf site with around 125 employees, products and systems are planned, constructed, manufactured and further developed for the

  • ATEX
  • remote handling
  • robotics
  • radiation protection
  • nuclear medicine

segments.

2006

First certification in compliance with KTA1401; and subsequently consistently problem-free

1998

The „large hall“ with a height of 15 metres and water basin 5 metres deep is completed in Markdorf. Now power manipulators with extremely long telescopes can be tested while fully extended - even under water.

1995

First certification in compliance with ISO 9001; and subsequently consistently problem-free

1995

Delivery of the first TELBOT handling robot to AECL Atomic Energy of Canada

1990

Development of watertight devices and tools for dismantling decommissioned reactors

1987

Development of hydraulic manipulators for remotely controlled manipulator vehicles

1979

Development of the A1000 power manipulator for remotely controlled handling of heavy loads

1966

Delivery of the first Type A200 articulated manipulator to the research centre in Jülich

1963

Delivery of the first Type A100 master-slave manipulator to the nuclear research centre in Karlsruhe. The HWM manipulator achieves what many other manipulators find difficult: it makes the work of the operator easier and thus safer, faster and more precise.

1962

Relocation of the company headquarters to Markdorf

1950

A contract from a pharmaceutical firm for the construction and delivery of a system to fill, distribute and pack radioactive Sr90 provides a way into nuclear medicine and nuclear technology. Development and manufacture gradually shift towards this new technology.

1946

Foundation of the sole trader Hans Wälischmiller in Meersburg. Development of dental equipment for the medical market.

Contact person

Jean-Michel Wagner

Jean-Michel Wagner

Speaker of the Management / Marketing